A gem I found online is the feed Love UK Handmade via Instagram that started a week ago. The concept is to support UK designers and small businesses by publishing their work, easily accessible to anyone. Love UK Handmade started due to the dreams of an individual who understood the needs for businesses to have a presence in social media. The collection of artists is handpicked of those that have products of high quality and uniqueness, some even being located in Harrods and notonthehighstreet.com.
The fresh use of colour and cool designs are distinctive features of Love UK Handmade feeds, all with an artistic photo displaying the crafts. The personal touch added to this page, is the themed days; such as Doodle Day and Friends Friday, an absolutely great method to select items for the day.
In the next 3 months I have a minimum of 10 birthday presents I need to consider, not forgetting the finishing touches of the nursery being designed for Bump Lentil due in April. Oh, and the fact that I just want to spoil Bump Lentil. As Love UK Handmade rightly says “It’s a tease on the purse seeing all the things I see”.
So let’s create my shopping list excitedly:
- I could not resist something for myself as our one is currently plain and boring. The Jones Family personalised doormat, designed and engraved in Nottinghamshire by @lasermadedesigns
- This birthday chick dreams a lot, so a perfect little item for her. The garnet gemstone bracelet threaded by hand and knotted onto natural burgundy coloured hemp string by @rosealeencarter
- For the sexy lady who has style and a lot of earrings. Earring lollipops to store those studs by @suzyqdesigns
- Missy who needs more bags because she actually does not have a lot of choice. Clutch bag from upcycled deckchairs and bouncy castles by @wyattandjack
- To use for bump photoshoot, when bump is out, and nursery. Chalkboard Cloth Bunting by @millyandpip
- T-shirt for Bump for a Friday. If you’re happy and you know it Friday tee by @lennieandco
Oh my – I could really go crazy and want more. The ease of finding gifts for the people I love was made easy with this page. I admire each item selected as each one is made with simplicity, love, fun and a story. I feel that Love UK Handmade has a great idea to promote the creativeness of individuals and small businesses and we should all support it!
Visit, Follow and Support Love UK Handmade on Instagram